Friday, October 22, 2004

How many places do you discuss Star Trek books online?



And how many do you need?



Pocket's official bbs. I used to hang around there until they changes the software one too many times, making it a painful mess, and I joined the exodus to...



Psi Phi, David Henderson's site. It's on a different server now and is slightly different, but the feel and a lot of the users remain. Many of us also like...



TrekBBS, which has (in my opinion) a better interface and a lot of the same folks. These two are my main hangouts. But there's also...



Startrekfans.net, Star Trek Now's The Federation Library, Cygnus X-1, BookTrek, a lot of Yahoo groups (dozens, in fact), the usenet newsgroup alt.startrek.books....



I can understand the fun and excitement of creating a new place online. But I have a Trek books website and I only bother with two of these places. I don't have the time to check them all out regularly. I have to wonder... do some of these offer a substantially different experience? A different atmosphere? Does anyone try to keep up with as many of these as possible?



In the meantime, I've added a couple of other destinations over on the right. I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with Rabble and its Babble forum, but I want to link to something Canadian.



I've added Allyn Gibson's blog because we share a number of interests and he generally has something interesting to say. And he links to some other interesting blogs, plus this one.



(Now playing: Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, "Julia's Song," Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home