Thursday, July 15, 2004

Maybe some day...



An online acquaintance of many years passed along colour scans of the front and back cover of Gene Roddenberry's notorious unpublished Star Trek novel, The God Thing. Pretty, isn't it? So I've updated the God Thing page with the new scans. Shame there's still no news about whether the damn thing will ever be published. I've only been waiting for 28 of my 41 years on this planet.

There's an interesting interview with former DS9 producer Ira Steven Behr over at TrekWeb. Well worth reading.

Rolling Stone, not one of my favourite magazines (I'm more partial to The Big Takeover and Magnet as far as music magazines are concerned), redeems itself for at least a little while with a Doonesbury cover and Garry Trudeau interview, excerpted here. I'll have to pick this one up. For a few years, it seemed Doonesbury, long one of my fave comic strips, was drifting a bit. As the RS article points out, the Bush years have inspired Trudeau, making the strip vital (and bitingly satirical) again.

David Henderson's Psi Phi website has some new Trek novel cover scans. Very nice work.

(Now playing: Roxy Music, "Triptych," Country Life.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home